I found this article a few days ago and thought that this is really cool. Some questions I cant answer yet. Not at the moment. Maybe as I grow more mature and adapt to life changes, the time will come when I can answer them.Maybe you could try answering these Qs honestly as well :) Just to reflect.
These questions have no right or wrong answers
Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Hm. 21. Seriously. I dont feel the pressure of settling down soon, I still love to travel, play hard, and to be free to enjoy life. Unlike other people of my true age
the latter. I've failed a couple of times, but never regretted the failures. At least I've tried.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Maybe because we dont really realize how short life is. Youth is always wasted on stuffs that dont matter, isnt it
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I think until this point I'm still saying more than doing.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Dogmatic religions and hatred they've caused
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
The kind that forces me to keep thinking and evolving.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I'm not 100% sure yet as I just started doing this. But I can say, atm I do believe in what Im doing.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I wouldnt spend so much time worrying about other people's plans and opinion about me since a very young age. Hm, but when we were young, we would think 40 years is a very long time and would still waste our youth, haha.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I control how I react to things that happened to me
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Hell if I know the answer to this. Dont even know the definition of what is right and what is wrong.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I speak up for my friend. Always did, to the extent that some of my friends said jokingly,"Look, she's trying to be Jesus again." xD
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Never let people define who you are and what you're worth.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes. Business moves by seafood chain restaurant D'Cost for example
I do not whine and wallow in pain
We're all different. It's the same the other way around as well.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back?
Living in France :D Work n family responsibilities
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes. And I'm trying my best to let go
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
France. No specific reason, I just want to. haha
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Hehe. Guilty. I know it doesnt make it go any faster, but patience is not my middle name.
Joyful simpleton lah. Ignorance is bliss.
22. Why are you, you?
Actually Im not Zen enough to understand this Q. But I guess because of the choices I made, the falls and risks I took.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I try my best
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
the 2nd one
25. What are you most grateful for?
my dad who taught me all about a healthy mind
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Lose all old memories. What are old memories for anyway?
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I dont know about others. But for me, No. Seeing is believing."Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Nor because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." Buddha
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Yes, it is called a self fulfilling prophecy. haha. The more I'm afraid of something, the sooner it happens. Unconsciously I was doing everything to make it come true by being paranoid.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Nop. I am lucky to have short and long term memory loss :p
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Dancing freely to the samba music in the park with dear friends, sun on my face and beer on my hand.
32. If not now, then when?
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes. I miss that time
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
The so called religious people twist everything up. Thinking that they're whichever god's representatives to judge and punish those who don't embrace the same dogma.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Nop. There's always a grey zone.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
If by quitting you mean retire, no. If taking a break for a few months then yes.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
more work please.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Today? Unfortunately yes
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive : merely breathing, existing.
Truly living : we face and do those things we fear, get out of our comfort zones, listen to our inner child, living the up and down of life and embracing change
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When there's only me to be responsible to
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Mistake hurts. We're afraid of the pain, not the lesson itself
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Cant remember. The mind is too jumbled up :(
Happiness, be it mine or other's. And yes :)
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
You mean, the event that happened? Possibly yes. It was kinda special ;)
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?